Low fat chicken in lemon sauce…a healthy taste sensation!
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Cooking time: 1 hour 10 minutes.
Oven temperature: 190C, 375F, gas 5.
Calories: 228 per portion
- 4 chicken portions, about 175 g (6 oz) each, skinned
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 celery stick, chopped
- few thyme sprigs
- salt and pepper
- 300 ml (1/2 pint) chicken stock
- 15 g (1/2 oz) cornflour
For the garnish
- lemon twists
1. Put the chicken in a 1.75 litre/3 pint casserole. Add the lemon rind and juice, onion, celery, thyme, salt and pepper to taste, and the stock. Cover and cook in the oven for 1 hour, or until the chicken is tender.
2. Transfer the chicken to a serving dish and keep hot. Strain the stock.
3. Mix the cornflour to a smooth paste with a little of the stock. Then combine with the remaining stock and cook over a low heat, stirring constantly, until thickened. Check the seasoning and pour the sauce over the chicken.
4. Garnish with watercress and lemon.
Using cornflour to thicken sauces rather than butter and flour cuts calories. Thicken clear sauces with potato flour as this will not cloud the sauce.
Read more here : Cook It Simply